We are all aware that there are numerous courses available out there. Nevertheless, the best way to pass an exam is to prepare by yourself. Here are some tips on how to pass your Salesforce Administration exam.
1. Sign up for a Developer Org and practice – Signing for a free Developer Edition and “goofing around” is the key to passing a Salesforce exam. As soon as you sign up, you will get an invitation to join Trailhead. Trailhead is an excellent resource to build your skills and it’s free. It also guides you through the Salesforce platform using badges, modules, trails and projects. The three trails that will help you tremendously are: Admin Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
2. Download Data Loader, set it up and play with it to see its functionalities. Create and transfer some dummy data. Utilize the Import Wizard.
3. Find out your exam outline. Once you do that then you can organize your study. Focus on the big ones.
4. Find reliable material – Nothing beats CertifiedOnDemand.com in my opinion. This tool will provide materials, videos and Salesforce quizzes. If you want more, you can purchase the Salesforce Administrator course on Udemy by Mike Wheeler.
6. The test is 60 questions and you have 90 minutes to complete it. The passing score is 67% which means that you need to get 40/60 questions right.
6+1. It’s OK if you fail. Don’t get too down and don’t give up. Not everyone passes the first time (I didn’t) but when you do, you feel good. Get back there and get back quick and don’t wait for a month to pass.
Good luck !!