A mass quick action is a quick action that gets added to an object’s search layout. After a mass quick action is set up, you can select up to 100 records in a list view and perform mass updates.
There are a few considerations though before setting up and using mass quick actions.
- Mass quick actions are available only in Lightning Experience apps, including apps with standard and console navigation.
- Cannot perform mass quick actions in Communities, or on notes or users.
- Cannot use the Tooling API, AppExchange, and Changesets to add mass quick actions to an object’s search layout.
- Cannot perform mass quick quick actions on Recently viewed lists.
- If you want to set up predefined field values for a quick action, we recommend not including those fields on the quick action’s layout.If a predefined field value is included in the quick action’s layout, the predefined value is only updated if the user manually selects the predefined value. If a predefined field value isn’t included in the quick action’s layout, the predefined value is updated, but the user might not be aware of the change. The “Fields to update” section doesn’t include predefined field values not specified in the layout.
Below you will see steps on how to create a Quick Action for an object called “Leads” while enabling the users to create multiple Tasks on several Lead records. These Tasks will then show in a Customized Task Calendar which I also created.